Sunday 21 June 2015

Barcelona

So I haven't posted this last week because we have been away for a few days celebrating our wedding anniversary in Barcelona. Last year we didn't really celebrate as we were too busy renovating the house so this year we decided to have a little mini break. Why Barcelona? Well, a few reasons really, the first being that it is only a 2 hour flight. It is a city with a beach, it was 27 degrees all week and we had both never been there so it was a place to tick off the list. 

I must say though that it wasn't the most relaxing of breaks as we did so much walking that I need a new pair of legs as mine are broken! The problem is we wanted to see everything so to squeeze it all in meant a lot of walking and I think we did actually see everything as I have 350 photo's to prove it! lol! Here are a few of my favs.

 
You couldn't turn the corner in Barcelona without seeing some amazing architectural buildings, Statues or fountains, which is why I took so many photo's, it is such a beautiful place with lot's to see. A lot of the tourist attractions were only about 30 minutes walk from our hotel so we managed to see quite a few of them.
This was the Arc de Triomf.
 
This area was surrounded by a lovely park that took you almost down to the beach right past the zoo. We also saw this when we did the usual tourist thing of getting on the tour bus! We managed to see a lot of the sights on the bus which did save our legs a little. But we did end up getting off to stop at the Camp Nou F.C Barcelona. Which made the hubby very happy!
 
 
Two of my favourite places we visited were Museu Picasso and Sagrada Familia. Unfortunately we were not allowed to take any pictures in the Museum but it was amazing. Over 4000 pieces of art by Picasso & some of Salvador Dali's too. It was such a large collection and so many random pieces as he also experimented with pottery and sculptures too which I didn't know. We had quite a trek to see Sagrada Familia created by Gaudi but it was worth it.  The detail was ridiculous, it was so grand and gothic it's a shame he didn't get to finish it.
 
 
We also found the food market which was jam packed with fresh fruit, fish and meats of every kind. Some a little exotic...
 

 
and some more familiar...
 
 
I won't babble on much more, I had a lovely time but I need a holiday to get over my holiday. I will leave you with the view from our roof top pool as I am off now to watch hours of TV to catch up on all the programs I have missed while away.
  
 
Thanks for reading. Will post again soon. S x 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great trip Hun 😊, love all the pics. Which was your fav part?? And what is the pink fruit called?! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh we had a fab time. Picasso's Museum was my favourite part so many great pieces. I think the pink fruit is Dragon fruit. xx

    ReplyDelete