Sunday 18 October 2015

Once upon a time...

This week has mainly been spent on the sofa so I decided it was time to get reading again, in between watching House of Cards on Netflix. So I recently finished reading Go Set a Watchman which is the sequel to To Kill a Mockingbird. It didn't grab me like To Kill a Mockingbird did but I'm glad I read it anyways.

 
I have been at a loss as to what to read since then. I did read a couple of pages of The Hobbit but gave up as I want to read something that I can't put down not something that I have to keep making myself read. I like fantasy novels but I don't think this is my cup of tea.
 
  
 
I love this saying. I want to feel this way about every book I read but I know that's not always going to be the case. The main times I have felt this way is on holiday when I have been reading by the pool as this is the only time I have really been able to get fully engrossed in a book. Two that really stick out for me are Twilight and P.S I love you. Both very mushy love stories as I am a romantic at heart and quite different to what I have been reading lately.
 
 
 
I have been reading a lot more 'Grown up' books lately and to carry on with that trend I decided to read a book I got for my birthday this year from my mate Dani. It's called Lean in by Sheryl Sandberg. It's not really the kind of book I would normally go for but I have decided to give it a go. 2 Chapters in and the jury is still out but I am going to continue reading.


 
I always like to have plenty to read in the house and always keep a pile of magazines and catalogue's in the living room for general browsing but the pile was getting a bit big so I had a clear out today and managed to cut it down a bit.

 
So on that note I am going to put my PJ's on a get myself a nice cuppa and have a read.
 
Thanks for reading. Will post again soon. S x 

No comments:

Post a Comment