Sunday 12 April 2015

Treasure Hunting & Beauty Buys.

So...Since we got Netflicks about 2 months ago I have done nothing but sit in front of the TV and what series after series. I managed to finish all six seasons of Gossip Girls in a month so I decided to take a little break from TV and start finishing some of the many books I have purchased over the years and as it was rather sunny on Saturday I sat out in the garden with Reg and read a few chapters of The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillippa Gregory. I have been reading this book for what feels like years (but it's actually only been a few months), Since watching The White Queen, Tudors and Wolf Hall I have really gotten into the Tudors history. This is a new thing for me as I usually like more fantasy than fact although I am aware these TV programs have been dramatised I sill find it all very interesting.


The week began with a new random app...my friend Claire aka 'the boss lady' told us about this app called Geo Caching. It's not a new thing it's been around for a long time. Basically there are all these random boxes hidden all over the country/world that you can find like a treasure hunt but without the gold! So we checked it to see if there were any hidden around the area we work and there were 2. So naturally we went looking for them. The app guides you to them and gives you hints of what you are looking for. There was nothing exciting in them but it does make you feel like a kid again. It's a little bit of fun you can do on a nice sunny afternoon. You will be surprised how many there are that you may have walked by every day!
   

I have also been trying out some new make-up this week. I don't know about you but when I get stressed or anxious it shows on my face. I have always suffered from bad skin but it has been a little worse lately. I'm sure the copious amount of chocolate I have been eating hasn't helped either though! The Bestie has recommended Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation that at first I wasn't sure on but after giving it a try I'm quite pleased with it. I'm quite pale so I'm really conscious of having the dreaded orange face but this blends in really well!

 

As it is spring time the pinks are coming out...I have also been wearing Maybelline New York 24hr Colour Tattoo eyeshadow in the colour 65-pink gold. I don't normally wear eyeshadow only a bit of eyeliner but this is a gel/cream eyeshadow, it stays on all day and is very subtle.


I have also recently started wearing lipstick. I purchased this one yesterday another one from the bourjois collection, Rouge Edition 39- Pretty in Nude. I love the colour of this it's very natural looking and doesn't feel too heavy on.


And finally here is a little selfie of me wearing all of these new gems...



Today was mainly a boring housework day but we ended up going for a few drinks with my Sister Sam and the bro in law to be Nino down at the new local. We have been here nearly a year now and this was the first time we have been down there, we had a few beers and played some pool. It was a very chilled afternoon.

Sorry I've gone on a bit today!
Thanks for reading. will post again soon S x 

No comments:

Post a Comment